Seeing as I’m an unabashed NY Giants fan, you’re probably surprised to hear that I was rooting for the Patriots in the AFC championship game yesterday.
This was not the result of a psychotic break, as one may assume. Nay – I wanted the Pats to win so that I could watch them LOSE in the Superbowl.
I know, I’m a monster.
But alas, New England lost. And while it was a close game, the Broncos undoubtedly deserved the win. From the start of the game, they outplayed the Patriots.
And now I will be rooting for Denver in Superbowl 50. And so should you, for the following reasons:
- Payton Manning is the brother of my homeboy and NY Giants Quarterback, Eli Manning.
- Their jersey color (Orange) is the best kind of juice there is.
- They are from Denver, Colorado – an awesome city in a ballin, liberal state.
- A Bronco is an “untrained horse or one that habitually bucks”, according to Wikipedia. This is significantly more bad-ass than a panther, which is essentially an overlarge, pissed-off kitty cat.
- Wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders has the same last name as presidential candidate, Bernie Sanders.
I know all of you Patriots fans are probably hating on me right now for this post, but I sincerely hope that the highly convincing reasons I’ve laid out above have swayed you to support the Broncos on Feb. 7th.
GO PAYTON! GO DENVER! GO BUCKIN’ BRONCOS!